How much do you know about everyone's favorite beverage? We all know that coffee perks us up on the morning, provides a pleasant boost in the afternoon, tastes great, goes well with cookies, and is generally a godsend for all flavor-loving hot-beverage enthusiasts. Coffee
is an endlessly fascinating little bean that produces its weight in trivia. To wit:
1. The world consumes approx. 1.6 billion cups of coffee daily.
2. One-third of all coffee in the world comes from Brazil.
3. Coffee is the second most traded product in the world after petroleum.
4. The world record for most coffee consumption is 82 cups in 7 hours.
5. The top coffee drinking countries: #1 Finland, #2 Norway, #3 Iceland
6. The world's most expensive coffee is currently "Black Ivory," which comes from elephant poop (2 cups for $50).
7. There are about 100 million coffee drinkers in the USA.
8. American workers spend about $20 per week on coffee.
9. The average coffee drinker consumes 3.1 cups of coffee daily.
10. Seattle has the most coffee shops (per capita) in the USA.
There is no better place in the Twin Cities to trade coffee facts than at Legacy Chocolates
' own store in Saint Paul. We keep Minnesotans (and a few Wisconsinites) supplied with the best coffee and chocolates in the region. Come stop by and see if you can stump us with some neato coffee facts of your own.