Chocolate is more than a delicious addition to your day. It's a wealth of history! Here are a few trivia night-worthy facts that you can break out to impress your friends:
• It takes approximately 400 cacao beans to make one pound of chocolate
• M&M's were created in 1941 as a means for soldiers to enjoy chocolate without it melting (you know the slogan!)
• Every second, Americans collectively eat 100 pounds of chocolate
• The world's largest chocolate bar weighed 12,770 pounds
• Chocolate magnate Milton Hershey cancelled his reservations for the Titanic due to last minute business matters
• Chocolate has an anti-bacterial effect on the mouth and protects against tooth decay
• Eating dark chocolate every day reduces the risk of heart disease by one-third
• In the time it took you to read this, well over a ton of chocolate was eaten in America!
And while these facts should form an impressive part of your intellectual arsenal, if you really want to thrill your friends, stop by our chocolate and coffee shop in downtown St Paul
and bring them some of our very own handcrafted chocolate.