This recipe takes everyone's favorite childhood beverage and dresses it up for more refined, adult palates. In fact, it makes for a sweet libation for ringing in the new year.
- Orange or lime wedges
- Coarse sugar
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup chocolate or chocolate chip ice cream
- 1 1/3 cups chocolate milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract or 2 drops almond extract (optional)
- Chocolate curls
1. Using 4 chilled martini glasses, rub the rims of martini glasses with a wedge of orange or lime. Place sugar in a shallow dish; place cocoa powder in another shallow dish. Invert glasses and dip in sugar and then in cocoa powder to coat rims.
2. Divide ice cream equally among martini glasses.
3. In a small pitcher
milk, vanilla and, if you like, peppermint extract. Pour over ice cream. Top with chocolate curls and cherries.