Chocolate can form an integral part of our main dishes. This holiday season, try this recipe for roasted squash. Let us know how it turned out!
• 1 winter squash (approx. 2 lbs), halved & seeded
• 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 tbsp firmly packed dark brown sugar
• 1 tsp salt
• 2 tbsp unsalted butter
• 1 generous tbsp (approx. 1/4 oz.) roasted cocoa nibs
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cut squash into pieces or wedges.
3. Rub the cut squash with olive oil, then sprinkle brown sugar & salt.
4. Place the pieces in a roasting dish or on a sheet pan.
5. Roast until tender and edges are nicely browned, approx. 30 minutes, turning/mixing once.
6. When squash is tender, melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Continue to cook until foam subsides, & the butter smells nutty.
7. Add cocoa nibs and cook for 10 seconds just to warm through.
8. Spoon mixture over squash & serve immediately.
SERVINGS: 4-8 Side-Dish Sized